Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wordless Wednesday




Yes, I know it's supposed to be wordless today, but I need to explain it. When I was going through chemo last year, my family went to the Portland Rose Garden to see all the roses in bloom. My husband took the girls to see something and I sat down in the Shakespeare Garden for a break. I was tired and felt a bit weak. But I sat on this bench in the picture and felt like I belonged there. It wasn't too hot, the wind was blowing gently, and I was in the shade. I instantly felt happy and at peace. I don't know how to describe it other than to call that place My Happy Place.

1 comment:

Heffalump said...

I love the Rose Gardens. My Grandparents used to live up in the hills near there and we visited the Rose Gardens often. I love the Shakespeare garden as well.