Monday, November 10, 2008

Muscle spasms

Okay, so I went to the regular doctor's office to get my back checked out. I hadn't taken anything all day because nothing seemed to be working and honestly, if the doctor prescribed something, I didn't want to have to wait to take anything because I had used something earlier. I get to see the nurse practitioner, Morgan Powell. She was a great lady. Anyways, she listens to me, asks questions, and has me do a few things so she can determine my range of motion. She wanted to send me home with a lidocaine patch on my back to numb it up. They were out. I instead got a shot of Toradol, some free samples of Skelaxin, and a script for Vicodin. She told me since I was getting the shot, to not take any advil for 24 hours. So it sounds like an anti inflammatory drug similiar to Advil but way more powerful. I just wish I didn't have to get it in the bum. It feels a bit achey right now.

I go home with all these drugs and I'm sure dh is just rolling his eyes at me, the walking pharmacy. I honestly don't go looking for things to go wrong with me at all. It is just been a really bad year health wise for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. And hey nothing wrong with having what meds you need on hand for when you need them. Tell your dh it's part of food storage :)