Saturday, January 24, 2009

Finally said no to a doctor

I've always done what my doctors have told me to do. If I need a test done, I do it. If I need a procedure done, I make sure it happens. I've never said no, I'm not doing that, too bad. Well, I finally did it. I went and saw the physical therapist and was set up to go see her once the insurance approved it and my oncologist signed off on it. I had the appointment arranged and then we were hit with a monster snow storm here which closed down much of the city. It made me have seconds thoughts. I eventually just called the office up and told them I wasn't going to reschedule and I'm not coming back. I felt guilty, but I'd had enough.

For all I know, I don't have lymphedema in my side, I could just be extra fat over there. I was told to get some good jogging bras that will support me instead of my fat falling over the top of my bra and having the bottom of it cutting into my side. There's a good place here in Portland that measures and helps you find the correct mastectomy bras and get new fake boobs. I'm hoping my insurance will cover most of it, because ideally, I'd like to get 3-4 new bras, a prosthetic for swimming and a new one just for every day use. Realistically, I know I have to get one bra and anything else will be extra. But I can dream, right?

No comments: