Thursday, February 05, 2009

Lit a candle last night

A beautiful young mom on my bc board was close to dying last night. As a group on the board, we lit candles for her. It felt so good to know that no matter where we were last night, we all did it as close to the same time as possible. I felt like I was apart of something powerful and special. Mandy was one of the most beautiful women I've seen on that board. Like Miss America beautiful. I didn't know until a couple of days ago that things had gotten so bad. We knew it was close yesterday, so we all lit candles around the same time and most of us kept them lit throughout the evening. We found out this morning that Mandy had passed away sometime in the early morning. It hurts all over again. But I'm glad we did the candles because maybe in my mind it helped me be able to do SOMETHING. You feel so completely helpless and by doing this, I hope in some corner of her spirit she could feel that we were all wishing her peace and that the pain would end. I really hope she knew in some part of her being.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure she felt your love! How heartwrenching and wonderful at the same time. I hope whenever it's my time the MOFs will all light a candle to help me on my way.