Monday, April 13, 2009

Holy cow it's been a long time since I've been on here. I would click on the link, get here, and then decide it could wait until another time to update. It was nice for a little while to put cancer in the background.

But I have some things to write down or I know I will forget them. Tonight is the 3 year anniversary of my mastectomy. It blew my mind to realize this. It's been 3 years since this all started. Wow. I don't think I can look back with fondness and remember, but I can look back and appreciate all that I've been through and how I have changed.

But to update first.

At the end of February, I went to a Susan G Komen event in Portland. I would have loved going to the YSC conference in Dallas, but I can't get to go on a scholarship 3 years in a row, so I stayed home. I tried not to read any threads on the YSC bb about it because I was so upset and sad that I wouldn't see all my friends. I found out about the event in Portland and immediately was interested. There were classes I wanted to learn more about and even better, they had scholarships. I signed up early and was able to get one which meant I didn't have to pay to get in and I didn't have to pay for any of the classes. The lunch was awesome. It was very fancy though they jammed 10 of us to a table when 8 would have been comfortable. It was very common to hear conversations start with, "So what's your status?" and not anyone bat an eye when someone walked by with a wig or if someone whipped it off to show a bald head.

No comments: