Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I want to be pretty for a day

You know how your mom always tells her kids they are beautiful? Well, mine did. I believed it too till I grew up and knew better. I know I'm not worldly pretty at all. I'm plain. I have thick glasses, braces on my teeth at 34, I'm chubby, ugly short colored hair, etc. I was mistaken for a man just this week and it's not been the first time. I know I'm not pretty and now my mom can't keep telling me that and have me believe it anymore. I'm old enough to know better and it totally and completely sucks. I'm a size 18/20 and in my mind's eye I still see me as a size 12. So it's a complete and utter shock to see pictures of myself looking like the fat cow that I am. It makes me depressed all over again.

Drives me nuts when pretty girls sit there and say they are ugly and wish they could change things. Do you know how hard it is to sit there and not say anything? Dang it!!!! I would love to be pretty for one day. To have the face that men want to stare at, the beautiful smile, reasonable body, etc. Just for one day!!!!

No comments: