Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I'm really kind of discouraged

I'd like to try and join a CSA program or community supported agriculture program. The foods are oreganic, home grown, and you get deliveries every week during the spring through the fall. They have various fruits, veggies, herbs, and other goodies up for grabs. If I could get what I wanted, I would go for a whole share and get a big nice box of fresh goodies every week from the farm. I'd have a chance to get berries to make jam, veggies and salad greens for salads, and other fun stuff. Our family doesn't eat very well and I thought by joining this program that it would help improve how we eat. But it's late that I'm getting interested and it costs a whole bunch to join. I'm trying to get a food share scholarship but that's been really hard to nail down. I have calls and emails out to several farms, but so far I've only heard back from one. My doctors all say I need to eat better and what can be better than farm fresh organic fruits and vegetables? I just wish what I really needed didn't cost so much.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Good luck! Sounds like a cool program. I'm sorry it's so expensive!

Heffalump said...

We need to eat better too. Its always a struggle to do that.