Monday, December 15, 2008

Three doctor visits last week

Last week was busy. My dh had the week off and we filled it with doctor visits and other fun stuff. Tuesday was my visit with my oncologist. I had seen him not too long ago, but because of starting Arimidex, he wanted to check on my levels while being on this new medication. I had been having a cold and developed a dry cough so seeing a doctor was nice. He checked my lungs and said I was clear. Anyways, my blood counts were good and he actually told me my hormone stats. I hadn't known before.

He explained that they use a system of numbers from 1 to 500 to determine hormone levels. I forgot most of the explanation, but my numbers are Estrogen level 200 out of 500 and my Progesterone level is 20 out of 500. My Her2 level is 0 which is negative. So that's how I'm ER/PR+ and Her2-. I've seen a trend on my board that triple negative tumors seem to have the hardest time, so I'm grateful that I'm not.

Next doctor visit was Thursday to my gyno surgeon. Things are so painful down in my cervix that it nearly makes me cry. So I went in to make sure things were okay and not just scar tissue or something else. Turns out I have a dermatitis problem, yeast infection, and yes, extremely dry tissue inside. Great. I went home with a free sample of meds and a new prescription that I hope my oncologist will let me have since it has a bit of estrogen in it.

Then since I was still coughing like crazy, I called my regular doctor, Dr. Hughes and asked her nurse what I could take since I had tried everything to make the cough stop. They had me come in and I was able to actually see my favorite doctor. She said my lungs were no longer clear like my oncologist had said and had crap in them. lol She gave me a presciption for a Zpack and inhalers. They haven't helped my cough at all, but I'm thinking that they are helping my lungs so that once they heal, the coughing will stop. I've had two nights cough free though the days are still not so great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope you are feeling better soon.