Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I lost another friend yesterday...

This disease sucks. It really does and no one gets it unless you have it, especially at the age younger women do. It strikes harder and is deadlier than when older women get it. I have a support group and these women get it. They understand the fears of not seeing your child's next birthday or Christmas or even the next week.

I lost a friend named Jenn yesterday. I have lost so many this year. People I've known and hugged and loved and laughed till I cried with and it's terrible. Last year my roommate for the first conference I went to passed away. I was able to email a few times with her mom and I had to swallow my hurt for the two younger girls she left behind. Then this year it just went all to hell. I lost Cathy, Melinda, Shabby, Courtney, Jami, my dear dear friend Danica, and now Jenn. I miss them all so much. It will be their family's first Christmas without these wonderful women. God be with their families, I know they will need it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) I'm so very sorry.

Kermit~the~Frog said...

I'm sorry for another loss for you, Heidi, and for their loving families.

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

It just doesn't seem even a little bit fair, does it? Big Hugs to you. There must be some very special place and some very special errand for them in Heaven.