Tuesday, January 30, 2007

YEEE HAWWWWWW!!!!!!

I got it! I got it!!!!

I'm just stunned and excited and crazed and happy and nervous all in one swoop. There is a breast cancer conference next month for young women diagnosed before age 45. I didn't think I would even have a sliver of a chance of going, so I tossed the brochure aside when it came in the mail. Jason didn't. He found it and got online and found out more information. It's in Washington, D.C. and will be from Feb 23-25th. They had scholarships so those that didn't have the financial means could go. Jason filled out most of the info and then woke me up and told me all about the trip. I finished filling it out and sent it in getting more and more excited about the chance to go to the east coast and sightsee and be with other young women that are in my position with cancer. After nearly 8 nerve-wreaking days, I got an email notification that I received a full scholarship to go to the conference. I'm so happy and excited I can hardly stand it. I got the email last night and immediately made my hotel reservation. This morning I called and got my flight scheduled and registered online for the conference and signed up for my classes. I checked the YSC website and immediately found someone looking for a roomie. For those on scholarships, they are asking that you share a room to cut on expenses. It turns out the woman I contacted grew up in Vancouver also and graduated from Mt. View 2 years before I did. So we grew up in the same town and graduated at nearly the same time. It just seems meant to be.

Thank goodness our tax refund is coming this week because I have to buy everything first and then after the conference, I will be reimbursed for everything. They will cover the cost of the registration, the hotel stay, and my plane ticket. I will be responsible for any meals not covered by the conference, souvenirs, and other extra stuff. I'm going to one of my favorite cities of all time. There is so much history there that I'm going to be in heaven. I wish I had two extra days just to go see everything. I wish I had time to go to the Lincoln Memorial, Washington one, Jefferson, Smithsonian, Library of Congress, WWII memorial, Vietnam memorial, Arlington Cemetary, White House(yeah, right), the Capitol, etc. EVERYTHING!!!! lol

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Sheesh. Finally I get to type.


YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

That is so entirely exciting I nearly screamed out loud when I read it!

I hope you have a blast and see all the wonderful sites. I know how much you love history, this will be so awesome!

Heffalump said...

Have a great time! That is wonderful news.