Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Nothing like a little scare to get your heart racing

I haven't had an annual exam in probably two years with everything going on. So I scheduled one and went yesterday. I got to see my favorite doctor, Dr. Susan Hughes, the bestest doctor anywhere, any time, in every way. So we start off with a hug and she asks how things are. She knows all of my family fairly well. Things are going great until we get to the usual breast exam. She's doing it and feels something that's not right. On my left breast underneath about 8 'oclock if you were looking straight on at it. With my history now, nothing is left to chance. She immediately sent in papers for a breast ultrasound up at the radiologist office next to the hospital.

I got lucky and had it scheduled at 9:30am this morning. I wish I hadn't said anything to anyone but Jason. It just gets people upset now with each additional appointment. I appreciate the concern, but it really was okay. But anyways, my mom meets me there and I go right in. I could see the whole thing and how interesting it looks on the little screen. It's like watching white cobwebs on a black background. Anyways, the tech couldn't find anything and neither did the doctor who checked on it. Everything's good so I feel fine about it. I do go see my oncologist on the day before Thanksgiving and will let him know I had this done so if he wants me to have further tests, I can get it done.

I was so mentally prepared for anything. I was really calm and not too worried at all. Such a nice change for once.

1 comment:

Heffalump said...

I am glad they didn't find anything.