Saturday, November 17, 2007

This and That, mostly Scentsy stuff

I feel like a little kid in a candy store. I got my consultant kit the other day from Scentsy and I've been consumed with it. Naturally, I've already misplaced my consultant guide but I can download that from the internet. And I've discovered something else. You can get a headache from smelling too many candles smells. I got 80 little jars of candle testers. They are about the size of baby food jars ad each one is a different scent. I got a candle warmer and one bar and immediately put it to work. I was given the Clove & Cinnamon bar in my kit and it smells like heaven. I like my warmer too, it's the black with raised white dots on it and it's much bigger than I would have thought. Now I go through the catalog and try to decide which ones I want to buy. I have about 3 that I really like and one I want to get that has sentimental reasons. I won't get it now because we already have a black one that came with the kit. The girls on my breast cancer board use the dragonfly as part of the symbolism there and it just means a lot. When one lady has lost her battle, everyone lights a candle that night in memory and to help guide her towards heaven. So I thought it would be nice to get the dragonfly warmer but I'm not sure I can handle the sentimentalism that comes with it now.

It's been super hard lately on that board. Two recent ladies have past on, several more have been diagnosed with mets. One lady in particular that I've known since I've been on there found out that it has spread throughout her body. I want to be a part of all this and I don't. So I'm kind of taking it easy on that board and not posting as much. I don't know quite where I fit in. I'm not "actively" going through treatment like someone with chemo and radiation would. But I'm on tamoxifen and still doing some type of treatment. Though others look at me and it appears that I'm done. But I'm not even though I'm expected to be since I look like it. So hard sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) And I think the lighting a candle for a person is so sweet. Good luck with Scentsy. I'm sure you'll be great at it