Saturday, February 02, 2008

Till we meet again

President Gordon B Hinckley died last Sunday evening and his funeral was today. He was a spiritual giant of a man and I'm crushed that he's gone. I miss him terribly while I am so happy for him that he is back with his wife Marjorie and meeting the other incredible men that have come before him as prophets. Each prophet that comes along is special and I suppose it is the mantle of his calling that makes me love each one as much as I do. President Kimball was the first one for me and has a very special place in my heart. I'm sorry and ashamed almost to say that although I adore and loved President Hunter and Presidnt Benson, it's not near the love I felt for President Kimball. Then President Hinckley came along and it was like sharing a grandpa with over 13 million members of the church. He looked and had the countenance of a grandpa and I think that's a part of the reason so many people loved him. The youth loved him and I know he loved them.

He is special to me because so many significant things happened for me with him in office. I was able to see the Nauvoo temple dedication, he was speaking after September 11th, he spoke with news that there was bombing in Afghanistan, and various other events in my time. He was my convert husband's first prophet and my little girls's first prophet. He was a shining star and wonderfully kind man to the millions that looked up to him and adored him.

I will miss him tremendously. He will always have a special place in my heart, just for him. I can't wait for the day when I can visit with him and receive a hug from him.

God be with you till we meet again President Hinckley. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!! I think today the tears are finally subsiding.