Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

That was me ringing my bell yesterday morning. I finished all of my radiation treatments, rang my bell, got a scroll, and I don't have to come back for at least a month. My mom met me there with my brother and dad. The boys watched Lindsey and Mom came back and watched them set me up and get me all positioned. Then when I was done, she was right outside the door and watched me ring my bell. Going to radiation yesterday, I was a weepy soggy mess but once I arrived I handled it fine. Nanny and Mom brought me roses and Jason had flowers sent to me since he decided not to come. So I have 3 really pretty bouquets at home for finishing all this.

It's kind of weird. They need to hand out manuals on how to deal with life after treatments are over. What to do, how to do it, etc. It's hard to go from constant daily and weekly appointments to maybe one appointment in a month or so. Like you've left the cancer building and shoved out the door into the cold. What do I do with my life now? There's a huge void now and I've got to get myself under control and back to a better "place". My emotions are really messed up and I know I need to get better. Maybe that's the next phrase of my treatment is getting the psychological treatments done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you do after radiation treatments? GO TO DISNEYLAND!!!!
Congratulations!!!!

Tanya said...

Yay, you're done! I hope you'll be able to get yourself involved in the next phase and start feeling better, that'd be wonderful to see you happy!

Rachau said...

I am so happy for you! Now it's on to your new life!

TheMomoftheShoe said...

Congrats on ringing that bell!! You kicked cancer's butt! :) I'm sorry that your life has had to be so consumed by treatments. Hopefully, soon you feel like you have your life back and you won't be lost anymore. Hugs!