Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Time to see a different doctor

A couple of weeks ago I hurt my back. We got stuck inside our apartment because the locking mechanism in the door froze up on us. So I had to move a bookcase out of the way of the other door to get out. Not smart since it was fully loaded. But it was only being moved like 3 feet so I figured I was fine. Then I got the bright idea of sleeping on the floor of the girl's room to help Chloe feel good about sleeping in her bed. So I'm in a sleeping bag on the floor with a back that doesn't feel so hot. This is a bad combo. So now my back aches in the same spot it did before all this fun stuff with breast cancer. I honestly didn't feel it this year but then I figured out that I was on lots of drugs this year and that probably took some of the pain away so I couldn't feel it. Well, I'm not taking anything but Tamoxifen and something else which is making my back pain come back full force.

I think I'm going to have to go to the chiropractor now. He's a great guy but I don't know what good it will do. Last time I was there, he wanted to take xrays and see if there was something wrong because nothing was making the pain go away. I think he'll want to do that again and I'm not sure I want to do that. I can't deal with something else being wrong. Isn't that stupid? The likelihood of it being even remotely serious is almost nil but then, so was the lump I found in my breast in March. I'd love a day where I was pain free.

So I'm off to call the chiropractor and see if he can get me in. Even if he does an adjustment, maybe that will make me feel better. I hope he lets me bring a little pillow in. I can't imagine having to have an adjustment and being lopsided on the table at chest level. Like having a table leg at the dinner table just a little bit shorter than the other ones. Jason tried to pop my back the other night and it nearly killed me.

Update on my chest. The last 8 treatments of radiation were all dense dose treatments which means they focused solely on my scar. If you draw a line around my scar, it looks like a funky sombrero. Now the rest of my chest is healing, but the scar is bright red and owie. My skin is peeling and flaking and nasty. I can't feel that area since it's numb, so I don't pay attention to it. I checked last night and I peeled some skin. That left the skin underneath bright red and actually a little painful. I guess I can feel something after all. I slathered the prescription cream on it and hugged the frog all night. When I turn over on my side, I hold Froggie close so that nothing hurts my chest and I have that protective soft stuffed animal close so it won't hurt.

Off to make Oreo truffles soon. I'm almost sick of baking now. My house is all cluttered and I just want to dump it all and start over again. I'd just keep our beds, dressers, my rocking recliner, and the couch. Though I'd like to change that up too. Just do it all over again and change everything. Make better choices.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Hey, I hear you with the furniture thing, I've been trying to figure out the things I'd like instead "if only".

I hope the chiropractor can help with your back, I hate when that stuff happens. How did Chloe do with you sleeping in the room? I hope good.