Monday, December 11, 2006

To my favorite bishop's family

I hope I don't get too mushy here or make a fool of myself. lol

There is a wonderful family in our ward that I just love. I don't want to say their name, but they are the bishop's family. There isn't a member of that family I don't adore to pieces. From the moment we came to this ward, they have supported and loved us and always had a "Hi Sampson Family!!!" and a smile when we came in the door to church. When I dropped off my dd at their home to be babysat by a nonfamily person for the first time, they didn't laugh at me when I had to sit in the car and cry my eyes out. We are fiercely protective of our girls and only have the best babysit which is why we chose this family to leave our daughter with the first time. B took such good care of Chloe and I'm grateful. I had both C and L in my Sunday School class and even though they were in with a group of their friends, they always seemed to listen and pay attention and that meant a lot to me. I even heard later that one of them said that they enjoyed my class. I wanted to cry when I heard that. I dont know J very well, but when my girls are at their home, I know that they adore him and after they get home, they constantly talk about him. We even had to go get them a Woody doll because J had one and that means they had to have one! lol B & E are the best babysitters and my girls ask for them by name and want to show them their pretty dresses when they get new ones. They take my girls to the park and always have them so active and having fun. A is always talked about and has a happy smile whenever we see her plus I have a braces buddy to talk about how painful it is and the joys associated with it. I choke up thinking of Bishop and A. A has taken care of my girls while I have gone through this struggle with breast cancer without a moment's hesitation. She cares for my girls like no one else and I look up to her and all she accomplishes. I want to be A when I grow up if I ever do. lol She has that quality about her that is so ...eternally special. I could sit and listen to her for hours. Bishop has taken care of us and took special interest in us when I felt unneeded and unwanted. I don't just feel like he's a bishop around us, but a friend besides. It also helps that he likes the same Diet Pepsi drinks that I do! lol He's a wonderful sweet man who has done more for my family than I could ever hope or dream of.

I am so grateful that the Lord has seen fit to gift my family with the bishop's family. I don't think I could ever say this to them without sounding like a fool so I write it out here.

Merry Christmas to my favorite bishop's family!!!! We love you tons.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! Sweet. I'm glad you have such a great bishop that you can consider a friend, those are kind of hard to come by! Awesome.
--Tanya

Anonymous said...

I hear that the only reason your bishop is nice to you is because you are such an awesome cook and he hopes that you will continue to bring treats to him! LOL!

Heidi said...

I'd send my bishop treats no matter what. I like the rest of his family too!! lol