Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I locked myself in

Didn't think it was possible? Think again. lol

We have 3 doors that go outside. One in the bedroom, the front door, and one to the kitchen door. We blocked both the front door and the bedroom door with bookcases or a dresser to add more room and get things out of the way. We use the kitchen door for work, so we just use that for getting in and out all the time. Lately I've noticed that the bottom was hard to lock but assumed it was because of the cold and the fact that the childproof cover made it difficult to turn. Well, Lindsey and I got home from radiation the other day and I locked the door behind me once we got inside. A little while later I tried to go outside to get the mail and the door wouldn't budge. I tried everything and nothing would make it move. I ended up calling the locksmith and my dh. I had to move a fully loaded bookcase out of the way of the front door to get out eventually. Next time I will empty it out because now my lower back is hurting again. So Jason got home and finally got the lock off. I bought a new lock from the locksmith yesterday and Jason installed it last night. So now we are safe and sound and back to using the kitchen door and not trying to squeeze out of the front door.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

lol. I'd have done the same thing, who needs to empty the bookcase for cryin' out loud? ;)

Elozia Marie said...

Oh my gosh ... I'm so sorry, that doesn't sound like fun.

Millionaira said...

oy, that would be no fun...glad you were able to get out though and then get the door fixed!!!