Saturday, December 30, 2006

Humiliating experience today at the mall

This may be a quick post. I have to go to the bathroom yet again.

I can't wait till I look more girly again. I had a bad experience at the mall today and it really made me feel BAD. I haven't gone very many places without a scarf or a hat. But I wasn't thinking too hard about it and when our little family left this morning to run errands, I attempted to "style" my hair and we left. I had no hat, no make up on, and no bra. The skin on my chest is still really tender and peeling and scabby and at time painful. So I wore a loose fitting shirt that I hoped would disguise the fact that I only had one booby and wasn't wearing a bra.

I had to go to the bathroom and went into the big new bookstore at the mall. I entered the restroom and passed a lady drying her hands by the sinks on my way to a stall. She stops me by saying, "You do know this is the women's bathroom, don't you?" I was so shocked and couldn't figure out at first what she meant and I just stared at her. I told her I KNEW that and then went into a stall while she tried to apologize. I was so humiliated!!! I didn't have a good comeback or even know what to say at all. I felt so terrible and so self conscious the rest of the day. I was sure someone else was going to do the same thing and I could almost feel myself cringing with every salesperson I ran into. I wanted to go home and hide or at least go home and grab one of my hats and shove it on my head.

The other fun thing is that I finally made a doctor's appointment for my bad back pain. I saw my regular family physician. We had a nice chat and to make me feel better, she ordered xrays though she figured it was probably muscle strain. Every time something starts to hurt, I get a little bit scared that it's cancer in a different spot. I try not to let it get out of control. During the course of our conversation, she told me she was getting me a new prescription. When my chemo stopped and my hair starting growing again, it came in everywhere. Including on my face and I also started getting teenage acne again. This prescription was to control the growth of hair on my face and help the acne. I knew that I had this problem, but I thought it would stop growing soon and I was just trying to wait it out. Anyways, one of the side effects is that it makes me have to pee all the freaking time. In the last hour, I've probably had to go 4-5 times.

Back to the doctor's appointment. Immediately after visiting with my doctor, I went and had the xrays done. The tech called my doctor and over the phone, she told me that I probably tweaked my muscle in the back and told me to start walking and stretching it out. I was so relieved it wasn't anything more!!! I just hope the pain goes away soon because sometimes it can just be so annoying. One more thing that I really don't need.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

How annoying and TOTALLY insensitive of that woman. I hope she felt like she had to go run and hide too, I think I'd have had to smack her...not very christian of me I know.

I'm relieved to hear your back pain is muscular, I know how bothersome it can be to work the sucker out, I hope it works itself out soon.