Thursday, December 21, 2006

I've been tagged!!!

I've never been tagged before and I don't know the proper ettiquette of passing this along. But I'll name 5 people and they will have to, as I am, tell 5 embarrassing things or other things that no one else knows about you. Should be fun.

1. I sucked my thumb till I was 8 years old
2. I've only kissed 3 boys in my life and none of them till after I turned 21.
3. I used to go to pro wrestling matches with my dad and I regularly watched WWF/WWE matches on tv when I still lived at home. I even got the magazine when I had the money. Long live Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage!!!!
4. My dream is to be able to play the piano like Michael Allen Harrison and dance like all the dancers on "Dancing With the Stars". Oh yeah, in my spare time, I want to do gymnastics like Mary Lou Retton.
5. This one is the worst, or most embarrassing. There is a story to it. But last time I was in Utah, I was convinced I was going to meet the Prophet. I left Utah totally crushed that I didn't.

The story is funny and sad and pathetic at the same time. I went to Utah because I was going to visit my sister and her dh and go to Salt Lake. There was a huge year long exhibit on Joseph Smith and I am so enthralled with him. Anything historical with him in it and I want to learn all I can. So I went to Utah. This is the embarrassing stuff. I had my purse or backpack with me everywhere I went and I always carried a little Book of Mormon with me. The reason was, I was determined that I was going to meet President Hinckley and I would need something for him to autograph. My copy of People magazine didn't seem right, neither did a plain pad of paper. I wanted him to sign something I would be proud to show off to my children.

I was able to go to Temple Square and tour all around it with my sister Kristen. She had a friend that worked at the Church Office Building so we went to visit her. I kept an eye out in the hallways and peeked in doors whenever I could so I could meet the prophet. Down in the lobby while Kristen was talking to someone else, I kept looking everywhere, convinced that I would see him. I even went outside and sat by the fountain and WILLED him in my mind to look outside and know that the needed to come downstairs and meet with me. He would know who I was because, well, he's the Prophet. I fancied that I knew where his apartment was and tried to think in my mind how to get there and go knock on his door.

Reality set in and I had to go home. I didn't get to meet the prophet and I literally wanted to bawl. I was so sure he would meet me while I was there and I would shake his hand and I would get his autograph. I believed it so much I thought it would come true.

There, now you all know even more embarrassing stuff about me. Besides the fact that I sleep with a stuffed Froggie and only have one boob. lol

I know pass this off to Tanya, Corey, Sarah, Misty, and Emily. If any of you read my blog, you've been TAGGED!!!!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

ooh you stink!!! I'll see what I can do. ;)

Heffalump said...

Well...I can do you one better...I sucked my thumb until I was 14. But only at night.