Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Busy month

I have 4 doctor appointments of some kind this month. Well, one dentist, but then I have a mammogram, a visit with my radiation oncologist and then my medical oncologist. I need to call and get my meds fixed for my hot flashes, so that's a visit with my surgical gyno and I haven't been to see my regular doctor in many months. I want to get everything updated and meds working right. I know that my Effexor is working for hot flashes, because I forgot to take it one night and the next day was terrible. But it's still not great in the evening time. I'm sweating buckets and I hate it. I'm just hoping that it's because of summer and will get better as time goes by. I need to talk to my medical oncologist because I have lingering doubt about lymphedema on my right side below my armpit. My side feels ...soft. And not just fat soft, but soft in a lymphedema sort of way. I'm not sure what to do about it so he needs to know. I now take calcium tablets, multi vitamins, iron, spironolactone, Effexor, and Arimidex. Then it feels like when I take them all, I get stopped up down south and so I take senna kot. With everything, that can be up to 9 pills depending on the day.

*update* I made an appointment with my surgical gyno on Thursday. Hopefully the meds will get straightened out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just make sure you take them one at a time, mmmkay? ;)

Anonymous said...

hope you can get the hot flashes under control. what a pain!! And man that is a lot of drs. ((hugs))