Friday, September 05, 2008

Doctor #1 update

So I went and saw my surgical gyno yesterday, Dr. Forsythe. She's a cool cool lady and I'm so grateful I was referred to her. She immediately puts you at ease. I went to see her because she wanted to check on me and see how I was doing on Effexor. Yeah, not so hot. Or rather, extremely hot. The hot flashes are getting to me. They are awful. So we talked about it and I let her know how I was doing. I switched from Celexa to Effexor and my dose was supposed to be 37.5 mg. Didn't do the job, so I went up to 75mg. Not working so hot, so she doubled my dose to 150mg and hopefully this will make the hot flashes get better. Plus, it's also an anti anxiety/depression drug which I need anyways, so I'm killing two birds with one stone.

I went to a meeting tonight and my body aches from my hips down. I don't know why! I wasn't standing for a lot of time, nothing unusual happened. But also today, I've had zero energy and a headache and just felt like I could barely move. I just didn't care about anything. My mind was on the east coast in Queens, New York and my heart was breaking. I think that's why I was hurting today. All my mental and physical defenses were down and I just honestly didn't care about a single thing at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope the meds change helps. And so sorry about your friend ((hugs))