Saturday, October 04, 2008

update

I haven't blogged in so long. I had 6 appointments last month and made it through all of them with flying colors. I had a bone density scan, dentist, return dentist visit, radiation oncologist, and medical oncologist. The bone density scan was quick and painless. All you do is lay flat on a table while a C shaped machine moves over you as needed. At one point, a big square block is put under your knees with your legs resting on top of it. You need to be a certain angle so they can check your hips and spine and this helps it. I didn't get the results, but I assume if there is something bad on there, my oncologist will let me know. They said it wasn't like having a mammogram where you need to know right away. Instead she said it was like a "quality of life" issue. They test my bones as I'm starting a new medication and starting menopause. After a year or so, they'll test me and see if my bones have started to change due to the two new factors in my life.
I went to my medical oncologist and he wanted to see how I was doing on my new cancer meds, Arimidex. I seem to be handling it okay, but he wants to see me in 4 months instead of the usual 6 months.

I saw my radiation oncologist and let him know about the anxiety/panic attacks I was getting during August. I wish I had something that would help calm me down. He was able to give me a prescription for Ativan. I was so grateful and I've only done it a couple of times but I can tell a difference and it's great. He said other than that, I'm doing well enough that I don't have to go back to see him until my mammogram next SEPTEMBER!!! Yay!!! One doctor down. It was scary and wonderful at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonderful medical updates and I love the new blog background! I went a little wild on my blog background for October.