Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My next scheduled oncology appointment

I had a visit with my medical oncologist this week, Dr. Brouns. He's the one I went to initially when I knew I would have chemo and he's the doctor I met with after my mastecomy to figure out my treatment schedule and what would be best for me. I had my labs done and my counts are all normal with no problems. I talked to him about a few things that were concerning me and then he gave me some great news. Normally I would see him every other week with chemo. After my chemo was over, I saw him once before my surgery in September and then just this week. I was able to schedule my next visit that I have to see with (what I call my CANCER doctor) Dr. Brouns. Wanna know when it is?




May 2007


It didn't hit me till a day or so later the significance of this appointment so far out. I will of course finish out my radiation treatment and see my radiation oncologist in the mean time. But do you see? My main cancer doctor doesn't want to see me FOR SIX MONTHS!!!! When I figured what this meant, I was taken back. That's kind of exciting news for me. I'm gonna think on this awhile and process it more. I've been so taken up with treatment, what to do next, get poked with a needle here, have this surgery, my chances with this, etc. I'm not sure how I feel about all of it.



4 comments:

AJ said...

That sounds like good news to me!!

TJDKG said...

Heidi that is awesome, I got chills reading that. I'm so stinkin excited for you. 6 months. WOW!!!

Millionaira said...

YAY that's awesome!!!

Tanya said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you. That's gotta be a pick me up if I heard of one!!!