Wednesday, November 08, 2006

NOT a good day

There's nothing like being criticized when you're feeling down.

I tried a new thing tonight for dinner and the girls played quietly around me while I was making it so I could concentrate on it.

I made this dinner with a new dish I've never made before. Not one word either way. I did however, hear from my two daughters who are 3 and 5 that they both liked it. In fact, my nearly 3 year old asked for a second helping!!! Now that is praise indeed. Too bad I have to depend on my toddler to show me some love.

I guess I should have had the house spotless. Not like I had anything going on today at all. No running around, picking up kids, going to Vancouver or Gresham, coughing my brains out half the time, dealing with residents, rent, and maintenance guys. Yeah, I was lazy and sat on the computer all day. I didn't pick up the living room 2-3 times and fold and refold the blankets 2-3 times. No, I ignored my children and played games and checked my email online the whole day.

Thanks for the love by the way. I had to ask for it and even then I didn't get any. Nice.

6 comments:

Tanya said...

It must've been Men Act Like Jerks To Your Wife Day yesterday. Funny, it wasn't on MY calendar.

At any rate, I know exactly how you feel and hope that it will all blow over and he'll at least be decent to you today.

I really wish guys understood that the home job is hard too.

I'm glad the girls liked your food and that L asked for more, that is awesome!

Anonymous said...

It may have been therapeutic at the time to write this, but try not hitting the send button next time! :) It would be better to take this one down. Everybody can understand being upset, as we all will let our partners down sometimes, but posting marriage spats for all to see is counterproductive.

Emmers said...

Wow, Heidi, I didn't know Dr. Phil read your blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being truthful about your feelings. I hate when ppl make going through treatment sound like you never have a bad day. You are still human!! Thanks for painting an honest picture!

Melissa said...

Yea, men seem to think we have nothing to do all day but prepare ourselves for their arrival! Funny, they want the 50's do it all wife, but they don't want to be the 50's husband-i.e. doing yard work, taking out the garbage, doing repairs to the home....ugh.... men these days just don't seem to know how to grow up!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a rough day but posting your marital issues doesn't seem like the best way to solve things.