Sunday, November 19, 2006

Something's in th air

I'm starting to get excited for Christmas. I feel guilty since Thanksgiving isn't even here yet! I got my Family Fun magazine and it has so many fun cute projects to do that I've been dying to get started. I want to do so many things and I don't know where to start. Saturday night for some weird reason, I started up 3 different batches of cookies and plan to do more this week. I almost have the little girls presents bought and need just one more gift for them to share and then their stockings. I just hope I don't forget where I put everything.

I love the feeling that comes with getting ready for Christmas. I love the lights, the cold weather, the excitement in the air, the secrets, the fun, the homemade goodies, little crafty things to do, and deciding who gets what for presents. I want to do so many things! Whenever I think about getting ready for the holiday, I get on this high. I have so many low moods that it almost scares me when I get that high because I'm afraid it will pass too quickly or I'll start something and not be able to finish it. What I should do is start making a list of what I want to do and who I want to do it for so I can be semi prepared. I do all sorts of surveys online and I want to cash in all my points for gift cards or certificates so that I can hand them out for Christmas.

My cold is no better, in fact it's worse. I have a dry cough, the runny nose now, and my head aches from coughing. I need to talk to my oncologist tomorrow and see what's up. My skin is getting even more red and the aloe vera is being used more and more. I've given in and will also get a flu shot this year. I haven't done that since I was working at the bank over 5 years ago. But my immune system is down with all the stuff going on this year and I really don't want to deal with the flu on top of everything else.

1 comment:

sheri said...

Sorry about the cold. Hopefully you get better really soon! It's probably a good idea for you to get the flu shot this year.
And I'm w/you on the excitement of Christmas. I'm one that enjoys the anticipation of things moreso than the actual event. And I totally have to write down each and every gift (stocking stuff, too) or I forget where I hid them.