Friday, November 03, 2006

Rads treatment #10 today

This week has slowed down somewhat. We got the car back on Tuesday evening and I was so happy to drive my own car. I really love that Saturn and it will break my heart when we have to get a different car. So things were going well and I was driving to Target on Wednesday afternoon to run an errand when that freaking coolant light starts flashing again. Turns out that it was leaking coolant from the radiator again. I was so mad!!! This could not be happening. So the car goes back to the mechanic to be fixed and find out what the heck is going on. The guy replaced the hoses and we have our vehicle back and the light isn't flashing. Not yet anyways.

Jason leaves in the morning for his trip to Utah. He's going to stay with K and N. My good friend Vicky is going to pick him up from the airport and take him to Temple Square so he can go through the temple there. I'm so happy she was able to help and I wish like crazy that I could go see her again. We have a lot to talk about.

I'm kind of scared for Jason to be gone. I haven't been by myself with the girls since all my breast cancer stuff has happened. I know I'll be okay, but my confidence wavers at night. Plus I'm afraid the girls will gang up on me and make me want to go insane. I'm already half way there. I'm going to miss him a lot.

Radiation is going okay. I think I'm starting to get a bit pink but it's hard to tell. It also sucks that I have a cough and trying to lay still during treatment is a bugger when you want to cough. I'm just sure one of these days I will need to sneeze and when my head comes up to sneeze, I'll knock my self out on that dang linear accelerator during treatment.

My reduced boob is slowly getting better. I say that because it looks okay and doesn't hurt as much anymore. Laying on my side was a beast for a while because my boob and the liposuctioned area hurt like crazy. I also have paper tape on all the scars so that it will heal better and the scars will be less. That's what Dr. Gray says anyways. One lesson I've learned is that taking the paper tape off in the shower is much easier in the shower instead of before the shower. Less redness and no bleeding. The T junction is still oozing a bit and the lower half of my breast is still red but I talked to Dr. Gray and she says that's normal. It looks freaky to me but I'll trust her on it.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Sounds like some things are going right finally. I'm glad to hear you're making a recovery albeit slow. Slow and steady wins the race you know.

I hope you'll do well without Jason. I know you will actually.

sheri said...

Sucky about all the car troubles. Car stuff is such a pain! I'm glad to hear the treatments/surgery is going well. How are you doing w/the girls? I'm sure you're all doing great.

Darci said...

Hey sweetie I haven't been reading blogs lately and have been having a hard time with yours because alot has happened in October with the cancer and it just brings back too many memories. But I did open your today and I am glad I did. One thing that helps with the scars is that mederma scar reducer and neosporin like mad.
Man lady you are so strong and one of these days we are going to have to show eachother our battle scars.