Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Time for another treatment

I'm getting ready for my next chemo tomorrow. I have absolutely no energy though. I'm thinking of everything I want done, but my butt still sits on the couch while my minds running a million miles a minute. Trying to think of what I want for dinner for tomorrow, what laundry needs to be done, do I need to go grocery shopping, what do I bring to chemo, etc. It's the first time that Jason is going with me as opposed to my mom. It's also the first of my taxol treatments since I'm done with the AC combo. It's supposed to take 3 hours alone for the taxol and I've heard to add about 2 hours onto that to include the doctor visit and the prechemo drugs. Should be a barrel of laughs. I was told I don't have to take my Emend but one nurse said to bring it anyways. I got a prescription filled for a steroid I'm supposed to take and I'm kind of nervous about it. It says to take 5 pills the night before and the morning of chemo. FIVE PILLS??? I've been waiting for hours for the nurse to call me back so I can get the dosage right.

I've been fighting a headache for a few days now. I'm not sure what it's from. I don't drink a lot of water so maybe that's it. I don't like the taste of the stuff straight from the faucet. I like bottled water better. Also, the girls have been testing me all week. Lindsey learned how to climb out of her crib and Chloe has said some pretty mean things to me. She also blatantly ignores me and when I ask her to get in her carseat after visiting Grandma's house, she goes limp. So I have to pick her up and drag her to the car. Not any fun and very embarrassing in front of my inlaws. I've been hit by them, Chloe has "fired" me, screamed at, ignored, kicked, and Lindsey grabs at my clothes. I have been pushed beyond my limits with them and I'm not happy with my behavior.

So I'm nervous about tomorrow. First time with taxol, first time without my mom, first time with Jason there. I don't know how he's going to react to everything. He doesn't like needles so I know he won't be watching when they stick me. When I had my labs done yesterday, the lidocaine really hurt. I was surprised because normally it's just isn't painful. So I'm not sure how things are going to go. I hope for once that things will go smoothly and I won't feel sick to my stomach.

1 comment:

Rachau said...

I hope you do ok tomorrow.You are in my prayers.I am sorry your girls are giving you a hard time.Maybe they don't like seeing you so sick!It might be there way of letting you know!I am so sorry Heidi i wish i could take some of this pain away from you!
You are so awesome really you are :)