Monday, July 03, 2006

Where did the weekend go?

Well, I'm happy to say that I rarely got nauseated this weekend since my chemo treatment. I drank a lot of stuff and didn't feel sick till Sunday night. But boy was I wiped out. I think I slept or dozed more than I have in a long time. Thursday, I was up for a couple of hours after chemo, but then I was out for the rest of the day. I woke up now and then, but not too much. Friday I made myself stay awake till after Mom brought me home from my shots in Vancouver. I know have to have another shot since I'm becoming more anemic. But I went to bed once I got home and I don't remember much of that day either. Saturday morning, dh went to go help someone paint their home in the ward. I had the kids to watch and once he came home, I think I went to lay down and missed most of that day too.

On Sunday, a friend called to say she was coming through town on her way back to Gig Harbor. I had a great time talking with her. I wish she could have stayed longer. In the morning before she came, I helped get the girls ready for church. I woke up with them, made everyone a huge breakfast, and as the girls got out of the bath, I dried them off and combed their hair. After that, I lost all my energy and had to lay down. While the girls were busy with Jason, I had to crawl to bed and lay down because I was so exhausted. I felt like a wimp!

That afternoon after we wook up from naps, we took the girls to my mil's house so we could go play cards with John & Katie. We stopped by to show Mom the quilt that dh's friend made for me that is out of this world. This quilt needs a post all it's own it's so incredible. I almost didn't want to show Mom because she had just made me a tied quilt and I didn't want her to think I liked it better than hers. She made mine with love and I love it to pieces because of the love and feelings she put in to it. Then we played cards with J&K and had a great time. I love them. John is maturing so much and Katie is so wonderful.

But just that bit of activity wiped me out again. I don't know how I'm going to handle the girls on Monday when doing so little makes me so tired and wiped out. While at Mom's I just started to cry I was so tired. I haven't done anything this weekend, but each thing I've done feels like it took forever to do and used up superhuman strength. I keep feeling like Jason's mad at me and I dont know what's wrong. I don't have the energy to figure it out because all I want to do is cry. I'm so messed up. I can't wait till I'm back to normal and feel like a human being. I just wish he would tell me what's wrong so I can fix it or try to change things. I love him a lot but sometimes I haven't got a clue about what he's thinking. I feel left out in the cold. I'm sure he doesn't mean it that way, but my way of thinking these days is so weird. It takes twice as long to think of something and twice as long to process anything in my mind.

By the way, I hope my good friend Maryann is feeling better and that she is okay after the car crash. I was really worried when I heard Em post about that.

2 comments:

Rachau said...

Heidi take things slow.You need to take care of you.
Don't forget one thing!YOU ROCK!!!!

~V~ said...

I am slow glad you weren't as sick this time. That's always a bonus!

Can't wait to see the quilt pic in the post!!