Saturday, August 05, 2006

Insomnia and Pepsi don't mix

Yeah, not a good combo. I haven't had a big giant Pepsi in a while because quite often, carbination bothers my tongue during chemo. Well, I was feeling pretty good, not much heartburn, no carbination problems, so I get a big drink. Then I get hooked playing online Mahjong tournaments and I can't sleep. Then the combo hits me and it's after 1am in the morning!

I'm excited! I get to go visit my friend in her new home next weekend. I get to ride the train up there and she'll pick me up and we'll have a grand old time chatting and catching up. I've missed her a lot and as much as I love MOFs, it's just not the same as having an actual person face to face that I've been best friends with since before we had our girls. Not that I don't love so many of MOFs!

I had an appointment this week with Dr. G, the reconstructive surgeon. She's the one that during my initial surgery put in the tissue expander that filled me with massive amounts of pain for weeks on end. Well, the tissue expander failed, burst , ripped a hole, whatever. It didn't work and so she wanted to schedule surgery for September to have the expander taken out and my left boob reduced. I was a rather larger 44F and to go to just one boob that's huge and the other side is nothing has been hard for me to find clothing to match plus many other problems.

Anyhoo, she's going to fix my left boob to a nice small size and in the spring I'll have yet another surgery to "make" another boob which is called a trams flap procedure. But at the appointment this week, we tentatively have September 13th as the surgery date. It's on a Wednesday and it will be around 1pm. Which really sucks! I'd rather it be on Thursday or Friday so it's closer to the weekend. I'm just glad to have the tissue expander out. It's uncomfortable when I'm sleeping on my side because I can feel it in my chest and I hate it.

The girls and I were being silly the other night and I gave them markers and let them color on my head. lol It was kind of fun. Chloe got this look like she was doing something she would get in trouble for later but was still having fun doing it anyways. She had the biggest grin in the world. Totally worth it. Thank goodness for baby wipes and the fact that the markers were washable. When they were done the first time, I just wiped it all off and they did it again. Chloe wrote her name and colored some pretty things on there for Daddy to see when he got home. It was really fun.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I'm so excited to see you too!! And that sounds like a blast for you and the girls, making fond memories for them. What a fun time.

Ok, so I'll check Pepsi off my list of things to buy! LOL Wait, maybe we WANT to stay up all night and chat.....

sheri said...

How fun!!! And where are the pictures?! Those would have to be the coolest pictures ever!

Lee said...

You are going to have so much fun!!

You are the best Mom to let your girls color on your head. What a fun memory!!