Saturday, August 12, 2006

My 7th chemo treatment

Well,7 down 1 more to go. This seemed to go alright. It was my chemo buddy Tonya's last chemo treatment and she was there earlier than I was. She's always so sweet. She saves me a good seat next to her and we have great chats while we are getting our chemo. Since she knew this was her last treatment, she made friends with a new lady that was having her first treatment. Got to know her and then introduced me to her. Her name is Debbie and she's on the AC combo. Tonya told me since she was going to be gone, she didn't want me to be lonely and so she found me a new friend. That's why I got to know Debbie so that I wouldn't be alone next time on my last treatment. She's so awesome.

Tonya brought in a cake and shared with everybody and then we she got ready to leave, she rang her bell signally she was done with chemo. Everyone clapped and cheered and then she was gone. I was so happy for her and sad for me. Going to chemo was something to look forward to because I had people to talk to that were going through the exact same thing I was and I didn't have to make excuses at all. The only question there was was what kind of cancer did YOU have. My buddies and I all had breast cancer so we also had that in common. I'm so happy that Tonya made it through this part of the battle and can now face her surgery with this already done.

I feel okay for the most part. In the morning, I could feel a tightness in my chest because I was running around and hurrying and trying to get things together before I left for my trip. That and feeling just a tad tired and out of sorts and I was fine. I'm starting to feel little things creep up on me now, but nothing major yet.

I can hardly believe I only have one more chemo treatment. I didn't think it would end so soon. It's like the time just flew by. It was nothing I expected at all but at the same time it was. I learned a lot of things that I didn't think I would. My chemo center is a happy place for me. It's bright, lots of light, good nurses, cheerful patients, and very comfy chairs. For as long as I have to sit there, I'm very glad for my comfy chair there. If only the students from the massage school had come back and offered to massage my feet every time then it would have been perfect.

No comments: