Sunday, October 22, 2006

What I'm grateful for (NOT!!)

Things to be grateful for:

  • My fil didn't have to go to the hospital THIS week. He was in twice last week.
  • I got to see the friend of mine that sang at our wedding this week. Unfortunately, the occasion was a sad one since it was a funeral for her sister that died in a car accident.
  • The residents I can't stand moved to a different apartment far away in the complex. The girl had friends over and the police had to be called since they got to rowdy and were angering other residents.
  • We still have a rental car for a car fender bender a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't till this week that we were able to have the car fixed and therefore got a rental car.
  • I don't have an infection in my breast like I thought, but I have developed the sore throat and cold that's going around our family.
  • My cousin is recovering from the ectopic pregnancy she found out about. Unfortunately, she is also trying to get over pneumonia.
  • I was able to see an old chemo buddy at the cancer center on Friday. Too bad she was there because she was having a CATscan to see why she's on her 3rd different chemo and if it's helping her tumor shrink or not.
  • My mom got back from Utah after visiting my sister and bil. I'm glad she had fun with them and getting ready for the baby. I'm sorry to say she's on her way back to Utah for a family funeral this Wednesday. My great uncle's son went to bed and didn't wake up in the morning.
  • My grandma made it through her surgery just fine this morning. At almost 92, this is a major victory. The surgery was to take care of the mass that was found in her intestine. They got the mass but found out that it was cancerous.

So I lied. It hasn't been a great week. It has been a lousy week. This all seemed to have taken place in the last week though it may have been in the last two weeks. It's all blurring together now. The cold thing I don't get. I mean, I had chemo this summer that weakens your immune system and I don't get sick. It's almost two freaking months after that, and I get a cold? A stupid cold two months later? I saw 3 different doctors last week for 3 different things plus I started the first of 36 treatments of radiation. I found out some bad things about a friend that has made me feel very cautious around her and I hate that. I had a resident angrily yell at me recently because she thought I was out to get her kids in trouble and get them evicted. I'm not out to get them, they are doing it to themselves. But I've never been treated like that before. I didn't let her see how I felt, but I bawled after she left. While she was in my face, I kept my cool and that adreneline was pumping. I gave back calmly as good as I got. They I shut the door and nearly burst into tears.

Honestly, a couple of good things did happen. My favorite flower lady brought me flowers from her garden again. I'm so gonna miss that this fall and winter when she runs out. lol Also, a friend from the internet remembered that I was looking for pink ribbon things that my dh could wear at work that wasn't too girly. So while she was at the beach, she found a pink ribbon tac pin for Jason and a pink ribbon charm bracelet for me and brought them to me last night. It was great and so cool because I wasn't expecting it at all. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of us lunch girls just loved your dh's pink pin. He was very proud to show us all. What a guy...
Becky

Melissa said...

I am sorry Heidi! It does seem so overwhelming! Just think of one thing at a time, I know easier said than done! Love ya!