Monday, September 25, 2006

I'm afraid of asking too many questions

I was searching through my breast cancer websites and found a support group for young women with cancer. I'm new to it but I have so many questions. I feel like an excited little kid that can't shut up and wants answers to everything. I love the support I've gotten from friends and family, but it doesn't always include that element of "been there, done that" to it. It's wonderful to get help and love and everything like that, but it's different getting it from someone who knows EXACTLY what it feels like because they are experiencing it at the same time or have just gone through it. Plus they are the same age as I am. I even found a lady in Florida who is having surgery the same day I am this week. Weird.

I've really messed up this year on family events. On my parent's anniversary, I told them I found out I have breast cancer. Three days after my birthday, I have a mastectomy. I had chemo a day before my dd's birthday and basically missed her day because I was in bed recovering. I have surgery on Thursday which is my dh's birthday. Even better, I found out on Friday that my first radiation appointment called a sim, is on Friday the 13th in October. Yeah, I really know how to pick em, don't I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you have found someplace where you can get the support that you need from the people you need to get it from! Good Luck on Thursday, I'll keep you in my prayers. ((((hugs))))

Tanya