Friday, September 22, 2006

Met with yet another doctor today

I went and saw Dr. Schneider today. He is my radiation oncologist and will oversee my radiation treatments when they start next month. I forgot that I saw him back in May and he gave me an overview of what to expect when radiation starts. Well, this visit today was just a refresher of that appointment. He seems so kind and so ready to make things right for me. He wanted to see me before my surgery and he set me up to have an appointment two weeks after my surgery. If I'm able to get my arm up over my head so they can get all the angles right, then I will have the simulation done on 10/13. The sim is where I'm assuming he will have the techs set me up for my regular radiation treatments. They will position me just right, set the coordinances with the lasers, tattoo me, and all that fun stuff. Next week, I see Dr. Gray on Wednesday so she can mark me for surgery, I have labs done, the hospital calls me for preregistration, etc., etc.

I'm glad of what the surgery will entail, but I'm still fighting that feeling of wanting to get the hell out of town. I just have to calm down, take deep breaths, and be grateful for what will happen. The real time to panic will be next year when I have the super big surgery to make the new boob. This one will be easy. Go in, take out my port, my tissue expander, and reduce my boob. Should be a piece of cake, right? Why am I still scared to death then?

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I don't think it sounds at all easy, I'd be scared to, but I know you'll be brave when it comes time. I hope things will go smoothly the next few visits and I will keep praying for you guys!