Friday, May 12, 2006

Fun Friday

So I woke up today and was not ready to start the day. The fact that I was up from 5something on didn't help my mood. Plus I was aching from the day before and I couldn't take anything very strong since I had to take care of the girls and drive Chloe to school. So I popped some ibuprophen and tried to ignore it. The girls were easy to get up and dressed and that helped a lot.

I was excited for this afternoon. I was going to pick up Chloe and take her and Lindsey to the bishop's home. His wife is a daycare lady and when the girls found out we were going there, Lindsey jumped up and down all over the house and Chloe got a big happy grin on her face. Almost made me feel bad how fast they got into their house. Didn't even look back or say goodbye to me. (sniff, sniff) But I was able to go do a quick grocery shopping trip and eat lunch while watching Roseanne instead of Barney or the Wiggles. I indulged and bought some double stuff Oreos and had that for lunch. I also was able to finally take a stronger med and take a quick nap. Thank goodness I set the kitchen timer. If I hadn't, I would have slept till Jason came home. lol

I missed a call from the cancer center. Apparently, Dr. Brouns wants me to go have a muga study. Which is an acronym for having a test to check my heart before and after chemo. I will go to the hospital and have two injections. Then they will take different types of pictures of my heart. I believe this is for the clinical trial I am apart of. They can check to see if the chemo changes my heart rate or anything about it and now that I'm over the shock of that, I see the benefits of it. I just hope the bill isn't too bad. That's in the morning. I see Dr. Brouns in the afternoon to hopefully set up the meds I need for chemo the next morning. I'm so nervous for it!!

I've had a hard time finding good things going on lately. Everything always seems to carry some type of bad news. When Jason would have days that didn't always go well, I'd ask him to tell me one good thing that happened that day, even if it was getting a seat on the bus instead of standing up. So I'm going to try that too. So one of the best things that happened today was that because of one of the best families in the ward, I was able to relax and take a much needed nap. I haven't rested much since the saline fill yesterday and it felt so nice to just sit and watch tv while I rested up. So thank you very much Peacock family!!

2 comments:

emlouisa said...

Yay for nice people!! Glad you got a little bit of a break today. You need it, girl!

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»