Thursday, May 11, 2006

My easiest saline fill yet

My last doctor's appointment of the week was this afternoon! I've been through at least 4-5 this week alone. I had an unexpected one this morning at my regular doctor's office. I woke up with what felt like the beginning of bronchitis in my lungs. Since I'm starting chemo next week, I wanted to make sure it was nothing. But they were worried and asked me to come in. It was good because I haven't actually seen my regular doctor since I got diagnosed and it was good to see her in person. The nurses were all concerned and worried about me. I've been going to this doctor for years now and she knows me and my family very well. I got an EKG done and she listened to my heart and lungs and checked all around and everything's normal. I had a chest xray done yesterday and they were able to have it read stat for the appointment today. Good news is that the cancer has not metastized and I have clear lungs so no infection with pneumonia or bronchitis. It is probably a late result from anesthsia or just the chest wall healing. But everyone had to come and have a look at me. My doctor, the assistant, and especially the doctor that first told me to go have a mammagram in the first place. She heard I was there and didn't want to leave till she got to say hi and have a look. When I saw her, like all the others there, she gave me a giant hug. I didn't know what to say to her. How do you say thank you for being the one that felt the same lump and sent me on the course of action I'm on now that has saved my life? Words failed me.

I had a saline fill today too. Extremely painful but I took some percoset 45 minutes before the exam so I was ready and it didn't hurt as bad as it has before. She put in 75cc but it put me over the edge, so she took out the last 5 and that was just fine. It's getting easier and easier each time to deal with it. I know the pain is completely gone in 2 days or less and today was the same. Extreme pain when it went in but I was able to manage it better. That makes me feel great! Dr. Gray did give me a new prescription for percoset since I was running out. But I'm only using it when I absolutely need it which has only been after her appointments and after I had the port put in. I'm really proud of myself on taking as few pills as possible. I don't want to WANT to have them too much and only use them when I absolutely have to.

I wrote a bunch more stuff but somehow all of the paragraphs were eaten by the computer and I'm too tired to try and write it all out again. I will try tomorrow. I'm going to try and get back in the habit of reading my scriptures again. I've not been very successful lately and I need to be better about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»