Friday, May 26, 2006

I got mothered!!!

So Thursday afternoon I had a saline fill again. I've gotten smarter and taken some percocet about 45 mintues before the appointment. Which is good and bad. Good part is that by the time the procedure is ready to start, I'm flying high as a kite. Bad part is, I can't drive myself to the appointment. So lucky for me, my little brother John and his wife Katie followed me to my inlaws's home where we dropped the girls off. (They always watch them when I have any doctor visits) John and Katie then drove me back to Vancouver to my appointment. Did I mention that J&K live in Vancouver and had to drive to Portland to pick me up? That was awesome of them to do that.

Anyways, I go in and get the fill. As she's almost done filling me up, I feel a pop. That freaked me out a minute but she tells me as the expander expands, it unwrinkles and that might have been the expander doing it's thing but it just made noise. Weird. But I got another 75cc put in and handled it really well. It still hurts, but I have better control since I take my meds so early.

So Mom takes me home for some dinner. I could have had her take me straight home and she would have had smooth sailing for traffic. But I'm so glad she didn't. We got to her house and I got to cuddle with the cats and she took care of me. Not that anyone else isn't doing it, but she did it the way I was hoping inside secretly to be taken care of. I was set up on the couch, I got a warm sweater put on me, a blanket if I needed it, dinner brought to me, a drink if I needed it, etc. I was mothered!!!! I have wanted and needed that ever since this whole shebang started. I want to be mothered and coddled when I have a treatment or a saline fill. I love being taken care of like that and only moms can do that. She took care of the emotional and physical side of me and I think the emotional side needed it more that day then she realized. So thank you Mom for doing that. I really really needed it.

Today wasn't so hot. The nasty taste in my mouth is driving me buggy. Nothing tastes good. I take that back. Everything looks wonderful, smells wonderful, but eating it sucks. I can't TASTE it!!!!! Like I burned my tongue and it all just sucks. I mention this because I had talked to a member of the RS presidency earlier this week and she wanted to know how I was doing. During the conversation, it came up if there was anything I wanted or needed. For some reason, I was craving cinnamon rolls. (This was before my tongue went awol on me.) So she said she would take care of it. It left my mind till this evening when she said that sweet Sister Spencer had made some for me and she was coming over with them. When I saw them on the table I just bawled. Partly because I had such a rough day with the girls and partly because it just surprised me that such a simple request brought me 3 huge plates of cinnamon rolls. Another part of me cried because I can't taste the dang things properly!!!

But that really was a great thing to have. I made myself eat one and I could taste it for the most part and it was wonderful! Also, another good thing was that we came home from picking up Jason from work and there was this big bouquet of home grown roses on my front door. Two or three red roses and several creamy white ones. Those are beginning to grow on me now. Just that gorgeous shade of creamy white. So beautiful. And then earlier this week, another sweet lady brought me a wonderful bunch of purple sweet peas. They are such a delicate flower and their fragrance made the whole room smell wonderful. So two of my favorite flowers came within a week and one damn good batch of cinnamon rolls. Life is good after all.

4 comments:

Darci said...

I have heard alot of people say they lose thir taste because of the metal taste or like their tongues have been burned. I hope things go good the rest of the weekend.
Love you
Darci

Anonymous said...

I cried when I read this one. I'm glad your mom was in tune with what you needed. It is sort of funny that we can be in our 30s and still need our mommys so very much. Hats off to you Sis Kimball!

~V~ said...

Hooray for moms who pull through without being asked! It doesn't matter how old we are...we all need to be mothered at times. I am happy you had that pampering, you deserved it!

Pamela said...

Now I want some cinaman rolls....lol
I'm glad your mom helped!!