Friday, June 16, 2006

3rd chemo treatment

I found out with my first treatment, that anything I seem to eat while having it, I end up hating. I had a bagel with veggie cream cheese on that day and then yesterday I ended up having Wendy's fries, nuggets, and a frostie. Now the thought of it makes me want to throw up. Seriously. Somehow the soup I had the second time doesn't bother me at all. But anyways, I'm going to be a lot more careful now on what I eat on chemo days.

It was a normal enough appointment. I still am not losing or gaining weight of any signifigance. I"m happy because I don't any drugs that will make me gain weight. I got my seat that I had last time against the windows with my friends Donna on my left, Tanya across from me, new lady with salt and pepper hair that I saw last time, and Nancy around the corner from me. She came by to say hello. Nancy and I introduced ourselves about 3 times because we couldn't remember each other's names in the course of a 5 minute conversation. lol We blamed it on chemo brain.

It's weird to say that I kind of look forward to these appointments. Part of it means the treatment is going forward and it's one less appointment to go to and deal with. But the other part of me likes going because I get time with Mom and I get to be around other cancer patients. It's the only place I feel completely comfortable keeping my hats and scarves off and no one gives a flying fig. In fact when I went to sit down in my recliner and said hi to all my ladies, I took my scarf off to show everyone that my hair was gone. Now weird reactions, just total acceptance and like a welcoming into the bald chick club.

For some reason, after eating my food, I started to get really tired. Like beyond normal. I was a bit nauseated too. So I just closed my eyes and stretched out for awhile. I wish I had a blanket, I could have cureled up and had a nice little nap. I feel more wiped out and really tired this time around. Still have a bit of nausea today even though I took some meds for it. I look forward to the girls being at a Sister T's home today. I just want to stay in my jammies and either sleep or watch a dvd. I don't have much more energy that that.

I feel like I rambled a bit here. I'm not even sure of half of what said. I better drag my rear end off this chair and go start getting the girls ready for the day. It's taking twice as long to do anything so I have to start earlier or take lots of breaks.

2 comments:

Bela said...

Heidi, take it easy. Those treatments drain all your energy.
I feel such a bad friend right now. I can't believe that I haven't kept in touch with you like I should. I love you! I think you are a strong and super courageous woman. I admire you so very much! If I was going through something like that, I'd be sitting in a corner feeling sorry for myself; but not you. You still found the time to pick up a pen and write a nice note to me. You made my day. Thank you! You are wonderful!

Rachau said...

Heidi You are wounderful.I am happy you are feeling a little bit better.Hang in there ok!