Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed

What a rotten awful emotional crappy day.

I don't know if I could have cried any more than I did today. I swear I'm pmsing or something, but everything bad that could happen hit me and I'm just been crying like no tomorrow. So many things hit me at once in my mind. The hospital bills, doctor bills, chemo bills, and even the prescription bills. $50 for just 3 pills that I have to have every two weeks. That's WITH insurance. I have to have a shot after every chemo treatment and if I didn't have insurance would run me $6000!!!! I don't even look at bills anymore because with insurance or without, we still can't afford it.

I feel so bad. I tried on a hat that a friend sent to me today. My hair is mostly gone but I still have some fuzz on top. So the hat goes on and my fuzz on my head grabs the knit material and I have blueish fuzz stuck on my head. Real attractive and embarrassing.

For some reason, last night I was doing something and came in contact with my right boob. I'm used to feeling the hard feel of the tissue expander and its shape. But it didn't feel the same. It was squishy and felt odd for lack of a better description. So I leave a message for the doctor and I will see her tomorrow at my weekly saline fill appointment. I'm scared to find out if the tissue expander has burst or leaked and it didn't work and all that pain I've gone through is for nothing. I will have to have another surgery to repair it and it will be for naught. I'll get stuck having that awful transflap surgery to fix everything and my right boob will look even uglier than it does now. I looked at it the other day and saw the ugly red scars. Not only do I have an upside down T scar where my boob used to be that is bulging with the tissue expander, I have a nice 3-4 inch scar just below my arm pit where they did the lymph node dissection. I look hideous!!! Add that to my lovely looking black peach fuzz shaved head, left huge boob, braces, and I'm a candidate for Miss America. No wonder I wanted to stay asleep all weekend and not get out of bed. I look like a damn freak.

2 comments:

~V~ said...

Crap! I am so sorry that happened! Sometimes it just pours!
You're in my thoughts tonight...well a lot but tonight especially.

I want to tell you how beautiful you are, but I know how you feel...and if you don't feel it yourself then other's telling you doesn't change anything. So I will simply state how brave you are...and you know what YOU ARE! You're a kick ass chick fighting back with a vengence!!
I hope you got some rest and feel a little better!

Anonymous said...

There is no way to understand how you feel unless you, yourself, have gone through the ugly mess of cancer! Believe it or not, your feelings are normal! No fun! Downright unfair and ugly! Sorry to hear about the implant...Life is so unfair. Stay brave and keep being the "kick back, fight with a vengence" chick! Its the only way to beat it!
luvu
maryann