Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Well, I know why I felt so sick

Yesterday was not a good day. I had a bad headache on Sunday and went to bed with it. I took some percocet hoping it would make it go away, but all it did was help me fall asleep. It did nothing for the headache. I was still feeling sick and thirsty and had a bad headache throughout the night. I was really worried because I've never had a pounding headache like that all night before. My inlaws were able to pick up the girls at 8am and I stayed in bed and slept all morning. My mom came and took care of me in the afternoon but stupid me couldn't figure out what was wrong. I called the doctor twice and they said if I wasn't better that I should come in for IV fluids. I didn't want that at all.

It didn't hit me til M emailed me and said that after chemo I should drink and drink and drink. Once the chemo is in me, I need to drink it out. It flushes out the poison and makes you not feel so sick. I have barely drunk anything lately because I felt so sick. Well, that was the chemo sticking around in my system since I wasn't drinking it out. Duh, duh, duh. So Mom brings me soup and that tasted so good and I kept eating a little bit. I felt great almost immediately. I went to Walmart with her to get some bottled water and started to not feel so good. Too much too soon. So after Mom left, I went back to bed and slept some more. When I got up again, I had toast and a yogurt smoothie. I still felt a little sick, but not like before and my headache was mostly gone.

I swear that chemo has robbed my brain of intelligence. I should have known that the headache and sick feeling was because I was dehydrated. But it never occured to me that that was the problem. Just thinking of the cancer center makes me ill so I think that motivated me the most to drink and eat. I didn't want to go somewhere that reminds me of being sick or nauseated. Plus it costs money to go in and get IV fluids. I should NOT go in for something as silly as needing IV fluids when I could do that at home.

I feel like my brain isn't working at full function today. So if this entry is odd or doesn't make sense, I blame it on chemo brain. lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Way to go! Keep fightin' keep drinkin'! You're gonna win the battle!
mabakke

Rachau said...

Keep drinking.Your freind is right you are going to win this!
You rock Heidi!