Friday, June 09, 2006

What else can possibly go wrong now??

I went to my doctor appointment yesterday. The planned one every week where I get a saline fill and I take percocet before hand so it won't hurt so much. Also, the same appointment where I find out if my tissue expander is leaking or broken. After waiting an hour in my examing room wearing a gown that doesn't begin to cover me up, the doctor shows up. She had an emergency at the hospital. Anyways, she confirms that it seems my tissue expander is at least leaking and it will have to come out after my chemo is over and before my radiation starts. So in September when Chloe starts kindergarten, I will have another surgery.

But she fills me up anyways. I can usually barely stand 75cc. Without telling me, she fills me up nearly to 100cc!!! Since I coudn't feel it, it just proves that the expander is leaking. I'm so angry!!!! I went through a whole lot of pain every week so that this expander could be filled and I could have a saline implant put in my ugly right boob. So all of it for nothing. I will have to have an extra surgery besides the ugly tram flap one to fix it next year. We can't afford it and plus, I'm angry it has to take another surgery to fix everything!!! I'm so sick of bad news. Every stage of this process has been one set of bad news after another. I was initially told they could try and save my boob, then I was told, probably won't take any lmyph nodes, then no chemo, then no radiation. BAM, I'm wrong, and I have to have it all. I don't know how to feel anymore. Every turn is more bad news and not once have I gotten any good news in anything!!!! I'm so sick of this.

3 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

I'm so sorry Heidi ((hugs))

Rachau said...

I am also Sorry Heidi.(((HUGS))).
Email me if you want to!

Lee said...

Heidi, I am so sorry. ((hugs)) I hope things get better.