Saturday, June 03, 2006

I have a new hairstyle now





I woke up today with hair covering my pillow. Not just one or two hairs, but covered! Then I would barely run my fingers through my hair and lots of hairs would come out. It was time to get my hair buzzed. This has put me in a depression. I knew it would happen, I was preparing for it, but it doesn't really hit you till you run your hand over your newly shorn head and feel nothing.

So Jason's aunt had set me up with an appointment today since we had contacted her yesterday. I was panicking because I only had two scarves and my mom had bought me hat at Target. I wasn't ready! So we hoofed it over to Nordstrom's Rack where they had nothing and then to M&F where I tried on several hats. Each hat I tried on I had to clean out since I left hairs in it. But I found a floppy beige one that would work and off we went to Canby. The little girls got their bangs trimmed and then it was my turn.

I didn't want to do it and I was really trying to keep my emotions under control. Jason didn't wan't to take pictures but I needed to have it done for me. So I could deal with the different stages I was going through. I look scared and sad in the pictures and that's exactly how I felt. In between pictures I was crying but trying not to. I let the girls touch my peach fuzzed head and they watched the whole thing. I know I heard Chloe say, " She doesn't look like Mom now". That hurt me but I didn't let her know I heard it. She's just expressing herself now. Even my aunt cried at one point. But I brought my pink bandanna and took a picture of me in it and with my floppy hat on.

As we were leaving, Sandra was great and didn't press me. I'm sure it was a hard day for her too. She did an awesome job. I kind of dozed on the way home and instead of going to lunch with dh and the girls, I just went to bed. I didn't want to see anyone or anything. I wasn't hurting physically, but emotionally I wanted to crawl into bed and not come out. My parents arrived later in the day and I went out and said hi. I remember showing them my head and then told them I was really tired and went back to bed. I didn't want to face anyone. I still don't. Sure the medicine is working and that's why my hair is gone, but right this minute, it doesn't matter. My HAIR IS GONE!!!!



12 comments:

Lee said...

You are so very brave. I am in awe of your strength. You look gorgeous. ((hugs))

Olivia said...

My heart just aches. You look great in your bandana and hat! Keep hanging in there!

sheri said...

It must be so surreal to be going through all of this. I'm sorry you're having to. Maybe you should make the rest of your family shave their heads to "support" you :)

QueenMeadow said...

I can't imagine how hard that was. But you really do look great! I mean it, you are beautiful. ((hugs))

Rachau said...

Heidi you are Beautiful.You are who you are!Hang in there and just do what you wnat to.((HUGS)).

Millionaira said...

(((HUGS))) you are still beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos! You do look just like I felt! And there's nothing to do but shave it all off! I promise the day will come when it won't matter, when you'll be able to deal better. Till then, don't deny your feelings! You're still beautiful! Just think of the time saved on fixing your hair....Its so easy to get ready now! luvu,
maryann

Valarie said...

oh, I'm sorry. I know it's hard on you, but hang in there. It's kind of weird the first time you take a shower and absentmindedly go to wash your hair or when you catch yourself rubbing the peach fuzz when you're sitting around.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

((((HUGS))) Heidi!

Anonymous said...

So I think she looks great and is still very pretty! It was very hard for me too! Heidi is a very strong wife, so everything is just one more thing for her to have happen too, someone you love. It is hard to be strong in all this different times in her life. For me it is allot to support, put I am trying very hard to do this and keep my feeling in line too. Love you, DH

Heidi said...

I love you too Jason!! Thank you for the great job you do with everything. You really got shafted having to do all the work that I can't. Definitely not what you signed up for. Just don't stop loving me, I wouldn't be able to stand it.

emlouisa said...

(((hugs))) Heidi. We love you!