Thursday, April 27, 2006

I saw Dr. Killway today and he took out one of my drains! Yeah for me. He warned me it might be uncomfortable when it came out. I was so numb in that area that I couldn't feel it at all. Plus I was still in pain from the saline fill from yesterday. So nothing minor like a drain being removed would bother me. I was still in a lot of pain this morning, but since I had the girls I wasn't going to do something I shouldn't. I took tylenol and that's it. If Jason was home, I would have had something stronger but I didn't want to risk anything happening and not being in control.

I have great friends. I got so many wonderful things today. My VT brought over a card and a plate of cookies, I got two cards from friends, and a package in the mail from another. She gave me socks with the pink ribbon on it. I hadn't thought of it, but like she said, I'm a breast cancer survivor now. Kind of shook me up. I'm making it now and I'm surviving this thing. No matter how scared I am, or what comes, I know I'm going to survive this. Not once have my thoughts gone to what happens when I die, because I know I won't die from this. It's very impowering and on today of all days, I really needed her strong letter and words of comfort.

Since I couldn't drive well without pain this morning, Mom and Dad came over and took care of me. Mom watched the girls and Dad took me back to Vancouver to the doctor's office. I was also able to drop off my broken glasses and get groceries at the same time and it felt great! Even though I looked like a dork walking around hunched over and slow and my arm held to protect my body on the right side.

It's almost midnight and thanks to some happy pills, I don't feel a bit of pain. This time last night I was crying it hurt so bad. I couldn't take a breath, sneeze, turn, lean over or anything without extreme pain. Now it's back to the normal healing slight pain I feel and I'm so grateful for that. It really does take about 24 hours to recover from that saline fill. I'm just amazed at how intensely painful that was. It's horrid.

I'm going to pick up Jason tomorrow and he's going to take me to Vancouver and I'm going to go stamping. Every month I do this and it's fun. I make 10 cards stamping with my friends and just chatting and being laid back. I really need this now. Just to feel a little normal. I'm really excited because afterwards we are having my inlaws over and will play cards til late. I love doing that too. I'm just surprised that they like to do it too.

4 comments:

sheri said...

Awesome!!! I'm so excited to hear you're going to do some stamping and card playing! That is going to be GREAT. (and ps. I made that card at a stamp camp...didn't actually purchase the stamp set. although I'd love to! lol)

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know that I'm here and I'm reading. And I'm thinking of you constantly. And in my mind, I can just see you saying, "F... You Cancer!!!"

Heidi said...

It's great to hear from you two. Yeah, I've been cussing up a storm at cancer lately. FU is the least of it!! lol

emlouisa said...

I just want to hug you, Heidi!!!! You go girl!