Monday, April 24, 2006

Quick update

I found out today that my appointment with the oncologist has been moved up from May 16th to next Tuesday, May 2nd. I guess I called the scheduler and the doctor emailed her at the same time trying to meet up with each other. So I'm glad to get things started sooner. I really don't think treatment will start that week, even if it did, I would refuse to do anything til the following week since John's wedding is May 5th. Nothing's going to interrupt me getting to my baby brother's wedding!!!

Today went really well. I was surprised. The hardest thing was getting Lindsey in and out of the cart at Target. Everything else was fine. She threw a couple of fits and tried to kick me today, but I got her to stop and she screamed for Daddy She really missed him today. She got up in the morning asking for him and everytime we passed on the freeway and she could see downtown, she would point out his building and make sure everyone knew where Daddy worked. Such a Daddys' girl.

It was good to get back into our little daily routine. Chloe struggled this morning to go to preschool but managed to make it there on time. Lindsey and I made it to Target for a couple of things and then came home for some PBS time. I splurged and got the girls lunch at BK. After it was over, I hauled Lindsey into her freshly made bed and we sang together and she went right to bed and didn't make much of a squawk when I left the room. She slept for a good two hours and I was really proud of her! The girls played outside this afternoon and I got some good pictures of the two of them. The black and white photo from the earlier post I made today is going to be enlarged and we'll hang it in the living room. I was really proud of those pictures. The ones I did of Chloe are my favorites though. It's very satisfying to get that look I've been wanting to get out of her and catch her smile and spirit the way I want.

So I took it easy today and tried not to do too much. I have to admit though. It felt DANG good to be cooking again. Not that I don't adore someone else cooking for me, but I love to cook no matter how good the food turns out. lol I made some cheesy noodles, corn, and chicken parmesan which is my new favorite easy dish.

I know I was worried about today but I'm grateful that things went so well. I got some sweet cards in the mail and a wonderful lady from my ward came by to make sure I was okay. I was so touched! If we hadn't of had to go pick up Chloe from school, I almost would have asked her to wash my few dishes and maybe vacuum. But I really am okay and I want to wait to ask for help til I feel like I can't do something. Again no meds today, but tonight I'm starting to float a bit. I had a rough night last night and I wanted to prepare in case it was the same again.

I'm sleeping without my compression bandage wrapped around me. It gave me so much pain the night before that I tried it without it and I sleep much better! So dh wrapped me up this morning and I did fine throughout the day. Now I have it off and it feels great. I also found that if I hug my Froggie, I can get comfie on my side instead of always just being on my back.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel better!! One day at a time :-)