Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Semi normal day

I really overdid it today. But it felt so good that I didn't really mind.

My mom came over and washed my hair again. I love having clean hair. I washed my face and put make up on and felt great. I was tired of being in the house, so we went for a ride to the mall. I don't have a lot of button up short sleeve shirts so since I had a gc for Lane Bryant, we went shopping. I went slow and didn't do too much where I would get tired. Jason and the girls went to the toys so the girls could play and I went to LB. I searched the whole store over and only found one shirt that I liked. I tried it on and the material was really stiff and not very comfortable. I was disappointed and left without anything. I didn't realize before how important the feel of the material is. I think it's because I'm supersensitive to anything touching my chest right now.

So I'm starting to lose my steam as we head to Old Navy. They have really nice 3/4 length sleeve button ups for only $10. Jason had surprised me with a lavendar one and wanted to see if there was anything else I liked. I found a coral and white one and was able to get both. I'm excited to see how they look.

I was really exhausted when we got home and starting to hurt. So I took some pain meds and was able to be tucked in for a nice long nap. It was sooooo nice to be able to just lay down and sleep. I woke up once but didn't actually get out of bed til the people came around 5:30 to bring us dinner. It was a good 3 hour nap and I feel so much better for it. I'm really going to miss that next week and hope that I can snag a few more naps in before Jason goes back to work. I'm really going to miss him. I love having him around!

So tomorrow I go see Dr. Gray who did the reconstruction and put in a tissue expander. I'm not sure what will happen with that appointment. I'm a little worried. Friday I see Dr. Killway who is my surgeon and will have the pathology reports back on the lymph nodes he found and did a dissection on. So think good thoughts on the next two days for me!!!

5 comments:

KAT said...

I'll think good thoughts for you. Keep up your good spirits, and ask that VT comp to watch your kids. Since she said she'd help.

Rachelle said...

I'm for sure thinking good thoughts. I wish I lived closer so I could help you out!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

GOOD THOUGHTS for sure! You sound great! Take care of you!

Katy said...

Seriously wiping the tears away, Heidi. You're a strong, strong woman.

Rachau said...

I am sending you some good thoughts as well.
stay strong.Take care as well.