Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Owie, owie, owie!!!!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!!

I was in so much pain today that I could barely breathe. A hiccup or sneeze made me want to scream in pain. If I didn't have my muscle relaxers or percocet, I would probably want to shoot myself. I went and saw Dr Gray today and she changed my steri strips and gave me another fill up of saline. I was expecting pain, but today it seemed so much worse than before. I took some meds before I got there, so I was slightly dizzy but it didn't numb any pain. I was struggling to walk afterwards and had to walk so slow! I got out to the waiting room walking extremely gingerly and met up with my mom. We walked outside and I was in so much pain that I couldn't get my keys out of my pocket. (I had driven there, Mom met me and was going to drive me to her house if I couldn't drive myself.) I got to the car and lowered myself in and nearly screamed in pain. I know I let out a big cry that's for sure. My mom had to put my seatbelt on, so embarrassing. I felt every pothole, every bump, every little thing in the road. But Mom took the best smoothest route so I'm glad that it was as painless as possible.

I got to her home and was immediately in trouble. I couldn't get out of the car without help! Thank goodness my dad was there and was a rock literally for me to lean on to get out. Then my little brother was so nice to me inside when I started to lose it. Gave me a hug and everything which made me cry even more. But he and I sat and watched wrestling matches of all things! It was nice to catch up with him and just enjoy some down time being coddled at my mom's home. It felt good to be taken care of. I tried to lay down but could never get comfortable and was constantly in pain. But I did get to cuddle with the kitties and especially Wiley. He would purr and meow at me and would have gotten under the covers if I had let him. He lay in my arms like my babies would when they were little and was such a wonderful comfort. Just that nice warm weight against my legs or stomach was great. I miss cats so much! They always seem to know when you are in pain or upset and just turn on the purring and love when you need it.

I got home and the pain was bad again. It's finally settling down to manageable and I'm going to try and sleep in the recliner. There's no way I'll be able to lay down.

I feel so bad. My inlaws have so much going on and they took the girls without question all day long until after dinner. My mom accompanied me today and took care of me without a problem. Jason has to do so much when he gets home. I hate being like this and having people do so much for me. It's incredibly hard to just sit down and be served. I'm starting to feel sick so I'm going to stop. Wish me luck that I sleep tonight, I'm going to need it.

1 comment:

sheri said...

I hope you're resting well right now. ((hugs))